EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Administrative Assistant Voc Rehab
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Vocational Rehabilitation
Accountable to: Voc Rehab Director
Opening Date: July 27, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $28,155 – $30,569
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Administrative Assistant provides assistance to the Voc Rehab clients and staff. Requires strict confidentiality in all correspondence, record keeping, reports, requisitions, names and discussions regarding clients. Office duties include coordinating and collaborating with the Project Director and Counselors to complete case files.
Nature of Work:
Office setting for most duties. Greets clients to determine disability for referral purposes. Tact is required as well as confidentiality.
Interaction with clients and Voc Rehab staff on a daily basis.
Project Director provides supervision as needed.
- Assists in writing and typing a variety of material including forms, correspondence, records, reports, client folds and eligibility documents.
- Processing PR’s for clients and staff.
- Make travel arrangements for staff.
- Assist in creating and ordering project forms.
- Ordering supplies.
- Arrange client diagnostics and services.
- Answer phone and convey messages.
- Pick up and deliver mail.
- Maintenance of the Voc Rehab client database, which includes entering files, collecting data and compiling reports for federal reporting.
- Assists program participants in filling out application forms, release of information, etc.
- Distributes Voc Rehab recruitment material.
- Assists the Director with typing reports, grant reviews and program objectives.
- Enter and update of client files into database required for federal reporting.
- Operates office equipment.
- Types time sheets and correspondence for clients for on the job training.
- Purge files for unnecessary information.
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Other assigned duties.
Knowledge of operations of an efficient office management system. Knowledge of filing systems and basic office operations, including internet, email, word processing programs is also required.
Experience in database input and retrieval. Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
Must possess good customer service skills, be able to listen without being judgmental, perform multiple tasks, and operate all types of technology. Ability to operate computer applications. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Position will occasionally require long periods of sitting and working on the computer and other office paperwork. Infrequently lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two-year Administrative Assistant degree with one-year office experience OR equivalent office work experience is required.
How to Apply
Application Packet / Submission: To be considered for open positions at TMCC, prospective applicants must submit an Application for Employment, cover letter, curriculum vitae and/or resume, college transcripts, three current (within 1 year) letters of reference, and, if applicable, enrollment documentation from a federally recognized tribe and/or veterans preference. Full time regular employees who apply for a position within the college will receive 5 in-house preference points. Required licensure/certification as specified in the position vacancy announcement is also required.
The packet will be determined to be incomplete if any required documents are missing; thus the application will not be considered.
All completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resource Manager who will determine which applicants meet qualification requirements per vacancy announcement.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information on any of these positions please contact:
Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
The Turtle Mountain Community College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. In adhering to this policy the college abides by the requirements with the Title IX, Education amendments of 1972; with Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; by section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. Questions or comments may be referred to Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager, Turtle Mountain Community College PO BOX 340, Belcourt, ND 58316 (701)477-7809, or the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 10220 North Executive Hills Blvd., 8th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64153-1367.