EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Position Title: Administrative Assistant to President
Department: TMCC Administration
Contract Term: 12-month
Accountable to: President
Salary: $37,565 – $40,785
Performs numerous highly responsible duties by serving as the overall Administrative Assistant to the President and the Vice President. Handles all work schedules for the President and Vice President; communications and interacts with all TMCC employees and students as necessary, with other institutions of higher education, and with the general public.
- Performs various administrative office tasks that relieves the President and Vice
President to performing more important tasks.
- Promotes a positive, welcoming, and a positive customer service image to the public
and all visitors to the campus. Orally communicates with visitors, staff, faculty,
students and others in a positive manner resulting in a good experience by those
- Prepares Purchase Orders for the President’s office and assures that all proper
information and signatures are included prior to the President’s review and signature.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of TMCC administration by exercising good discretion
in communicating oral and written information to faculty, students, staff and the various
publics served by TMCC and in handling administrative records, files, and similar
confidential information and items.
- Works and communicates with the Secretary for the Board of Directors to assure the
President and the Vice President receive on a timely basis the motions made and
approved by the Board of Directors; and that we receive the agenda for the upcoming
board meeting on a timely basis.
- Works with and follows up with TMCC administrators who are required to submit
monthly and/or quarterly reports to the Board of Directors.
- Provides technical assistance to the President in preparing documents that include but
are not limited to the annual report, quarterly reports, monthly reports, the Weekly
Edition, and other reports and documents that are prepared by TMCC.
- Provides information for reports and records through research, data retrieval, compiling
and/or tabulating survey results, and organizing and presenting the information in
useable and understandable formats.
- Keeps current on the new hires and those who have either resigned or retired; and
provides that information to the President on at least a monthly basis so he/she can
pass this information on to the Board of Directors.
- Reviews (unless otherwise deemed personal) all incoming mail on a daily basis and
distributes it to the appropriate individual on a timely basis. Takes special care and
takes appropriate action to recognize mail that is of a sensitive nature or is in need of
- Works to recruit and retain students on a regular basis.
- Establishes a “filing system” that is comprehensive, is kept up to date, and trains
other similar individuals/departments to do the same so there is consistency and
continuity across the organization.
- Actively markets and promotes the college in a positive and enlightening manner.
- Has a good understanding of the mission of TMCC.
- Assures that the President’s office has the reports and marketing and advertising
materials that can be used as needed.
- On a weekly basis, provides the President with some of the key announcements,
events, and activities that will occur in the coming week and which can be included
in the Weekly Edition.
- Available and willing to volunteer for TMCC events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the President or Vice President.
MAJOR PLANNING REQUIREMENTS
- Facilitates the efficient utilization of the President’s time through planning,
development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings,
social engagements, and TMCC and community functions with individuals and
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates logistics, take minutes, and maintains electronic
and hard copy files for the President’s Administrative Council, President’s Council,
and other committees as deemed necessary.
- Plans and prepares travel forms and expense reports, including airline travel, for the
President’s office by using the most cost efficient and effective means.
- Is proactive in identifying and planning activities, events, and providing the necessary
announcements that impact the President’s office and the college.
- Works with the President and the Vice President and works to establish a great
working relationship that brings success and prosperity to the office and TMCC.
- Has daily contact with students, staff, faculty, the general public, and others, and
interacts in a caring and positive manner resulting in a good experience by those
- As needed, meets and interacts with individuals and groups from the community,
and from throughout North Dakota, and displays this in a professional manner.
- Works successfully with all the departments and is a team player in all instances
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with three years of office or office management experience, OR;
- Associate degree in Office Systems or related business or information technology field with five years of experience of office or office management experience.
- Must have the ability to proofread.
- Good organizational and planning skills are required.
- Past experience in higher education preferred.
- Possesses strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows, Jenzabar knowledge is helpful,
and skills in other information technology systems are also helpful.
- Normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
- May be required to meet deadlines with short notice.
- May on occasion have to deal with an irate individual.
- Sitting at desk normally for the entire work day.
- Required to display professionalism and courtesy throughout the work day.
- Will meet and greet all visitors in a kind and respectful manner
How to Apply
Application Packet / Submission: To be considered for open positions at TMCC, prospective applicants must submit an Application for Employment, cover letter, curriculum vitae and/or resume, college transcripts, three current (within 1 year) letters of reference, and, if applicable, enrollment documentation from a federally recognized tribe and/or veterans preference. Full time regular employees who apply for a position within the college will receive 5 in-house preference points. Required licensure/certification as specified in the position vacancy announcement is also required.
The packet will be determined to be incomplete if any required documents are missing; thus the application will not be considered.
All completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resource Manager who will determine which applicants meet qualification requirements per vacancy announcement.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information on any of these positions please contact:
Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
The Turtle Mountain Community College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. In adhering to this policy the college abides by the requirements with the Title IX, Education amendments of 1972; with Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; by section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. Questions or comments may be referred to Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager, Turtle Mountain Community College PO BOX 340, Belcourt, ND 58316 (701)477-7809, or the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 10220 North Executive Hills Blvd., 8th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64153-1367.